Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Collected Status Messages

Following is a selection of the status messages I posted on my FB social media account during May/June 2014 months:

(Note: The messages are not in any chronological order.)

I. Oh! It's 2 o'clock at night and I am still awake (like a roving Owl). Strong gusts of cool pre-monsoon winds are rushing through my bedroom window, shattering the slats a bit too heavily, and I leave my book on the bedside wicker table to look out into the sleepy hollow darkness outside... Woooo... The cool winds are back this year again and are blowing hard and fast. Will it rain now; I wonder?

(Just thought to share a few of those nightly thoughts wandering about my insomniac head with you here on FB).

II. Recently, I came across a popular Hindi saying "Ullu Ka Patta"! And I laughed to myself remembering how liberally we used to use this phrase in school whenever silly allegations were to be made and had some fun at others' expense. So I amused myself again today and couldn't quite get away from repeating it several times while I tended to my day job.

Ullu Ka Patta....it's so funny really! This old usage has unwittingly brought back those happy-go-lucky days of yore. I strongly recommend the use of this Hindi slang because you get to be really owlishly funny with your friends while you are at it. Of course, it means "Son of an Owl" in English. So go ahead and express yourselves, people! Ullu Ka Patta! It's catchy, isn't it? ;-))

III. I am wondering if I should request Google to “forget me” – links and all obliterated forever from Internet searches. Will that be a good thing to do considering the possibility that seeking background information will yield nothing?

Well, if the lucky Europeans can get to ‘redeem’ themselves with such a new-found vanity that Google felt able to ponder upon them, then why not we Indopeans (my invention, take no offense please) do the same?

But then I am also wondering if my ‘boastful’ personal data and ‘ingenious’ reputation will suddenly cease to exist! Nah, I think I am not ready yet to ask Google to cull all my previous web links from the Internet. That would do no good to me. Nope. Not yet.
 
IV. Today's Breakfast - Amar aaj ker breakfast kintu mondo hoini. O tai boli aajke toh Sunday! Aaj bari boshe breakfast nirobe kachchi, nahole roj office e dourate dourate amar shakal belaar jobon chinno binno hoe galo je*
Breakfast list:
1. Rooti ar Macher Dimer Boda
2. Green Labeler Cha
3. Ek cup er moton Noodles
(Han tomader katha amar mone chilo! *).

(The above message is in the Bengali language and written using the English alphabet).

By Arindam Moulick

Click here for PART 2 of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make your comments here:......